September 7, 2009

Paul

Ok, so I lied. I am going to get to the purposes I talked about in my last post, just later this week.
I was reading 2 Corinthians 10 today and realized something about Paul that I never saw before and wanted to share it. I want to share it because it is very relevant today.

Paul was not a great speaker. He was not skilled as an orator, nor did he have any professional training. Yet, he was a very successful missionary and he wrote about 2/3 of the New Testament. Paul was better writing letters than he was in public. But even in public he must have hit on some points that changed people's lives....look at all the churches he was instrumental in helping. Interesting.

I bring this up because we can see something different today. Look at TV. Look to our politicians. We listen to people and follow them....and it isn't because of what they are saying. It is their presentation. IF they are skilled at speaking, we as a society, elevate that above their actions or the message they are sending.

We all need to spend a bit more time listening to the message being given, than to how it is presented. Just a thought.

BE A REVOLUTION. Glorify, Connect, Grow, Serve, Reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment