September 5, 2009

Why Church?

The question is often asked- "Why church, why can't I just have my beliefs and be done with it?" And the truth is, you can. But.....you will never grow or be able to fulfill the purpose God has for your life outside a active body of other believers. Think of it like this- what good is an eye without a brain to interrupt what it is seeing. Or if there are no hands or feet to help the eye.

According to the Bible, the church and it's members have 5 purposes. 5 specific things that they need to be doing. Sadly, many churches and people don't do all 5. They may do 2 or 3 or maybe even 4.....but that is it. And I didn't do all 5 either...for a long time. I didn't realize the importance they all played in my life. I didn't realize I could never fulfill God's tasks for my life if I didn't work on balancing all of these purposes in my life. Over my next few blogs I am going to take a bit of time to go over these purposes.

Remember these: GLORIFY, CONNECT, GROW, SERVE, REACH.

Be a REVOLUTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment